Saturday, February 1, 2014

Padlet - simple but full of possibilities

I think Padlet is sort of like Wordle in that it allows you to take a main idea and add details.  Or to associate a bunch of different things around a theme.  I could use it in the classroom for All About Me activities or Student of the Week.  My students are 6 and 7, so they would probably need some support dragging and dropping and uploading things, but once they knew what they wanted and where it could be found, I think they would have a lot of fun with this.  I could even create some padlets of my own to share with families - one with links to math games, one with links to vocabulary or sight word games or supports.  I could even create one each week for the parents to access any online resources I had used, like BrainPop Jr., YouTube, etc.  The kids LOVE math raps and could easily listen along at home if their parents could just visit my padlet and access the links.   Very neat application.  I made a padlet to represent this class so far.  In theory, you can check it out here.  But I keep getting a bad request.  Not sure why.  Here is what it looks like...  I will have to do a bit of work to see what is up with the link.

iste.nets-t standards address by this application:
I think with would work very well with standard 3 - Model Digiatl Age Work and Learning.  Padlet enables teachers to collaborate with students, peers, parents and community using digital tools.  (3b)   It is a great way to communicate relevant information effectively and incorporates as many different types of media as the poster wishes.  (3c)

No comments:

Post a Comment