Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Excel and I have a love/hate relationship

Excel is one of the coolest tools out there, but I don't use it enough to get really proficient which means that every time I need Excel I have to re-teach myself how it works.  Like playing Rook.  I have a vague idea what the rules are, but my partner usually hates me for the first 30 minutes while I get the hang out it.  So, here is my spreadsheet which I believe I was able to save to my Google drive.

My husband is the Excel pro- he even uses it for fun little personal projects like seeing how his fantasy hockey team would have done under different circumstances.  Thank goodness he was not home or I would have been sorely tempted to ask for his help.  As it was, despite the fact that I just completed Measurement and Statistics in December, I still had to go online and seek some assistance with the graphing part of the assignment.  I got all bogged down wondering how a Histogram is different from a bar graph.  In the end, I used a lot of tools I was fairly comfortable with: average, minimum, maximum, range, dragging the formulas, and some that were new: tilting the labels at different angles, adding back color to the headings, and the bar graph.  We used histograms in the other class.  I am still not convinced I made the graph in the most efficient way, but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment