Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Self Portrait

Well, here is my work of art.  Here is the link so you can visit my work of art among other works of art.  If you would like to create your own picassohead, you can do that as well.  I am a bit at a loss as to why anyone would want to do this, but I am not going to question people's motives.  I did it because I had to, and now I will ponder the value of it in terms of the iste.nets-t standards...

This tool offers an opportunity to be creative in a limited way. So, I can see the argument that using it fits with standard 1: to facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity. Certainly if a class were studying the style of Picasso it would be a handy and perhaps fun tool for students to engage in an authentic learning experience about this topic which would address standard 2 as well.  Now that all applies to the tool itself, but the assignment did force me to learn some new things and as a teacher I have a responsibility to continue to embrace new skills using web tools and share them with my peers, so in that I have become familiar with a new tool and practiced using it, standard 5 is addressed.  I just don't know how I could use the tool, so I think I will read some of the other blog posts and see what my peers are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment