Monday, January 27, 2014

Jimg Image - getting closer to mastery

My Second Jing Attempt
So, I created this fun little graphic because we start matter tomorrow and after we review the states of matter, my students are required to make predictions about solids and liquids and design some experiments.  They need to understand the term dissolve in order to do this, and I think this will aid them in visualizing what it means.  I used the text, the text sizing, the arrows, and I also used a little chalk type feature that enabled me to cover up some of the text already in the graphic.  I will put this in a SmartBoard file and it will be pretty cool!

It saved it to Screencast and you should be able to check it out using that link.

As for the questions -
1. Jing screen captures result in a png file.
2.I save them in my pictures folder.
3. You can access your Jing history by rolling over the sun and selecting the middle icon.  Pretty handy.
4.As far as Screencasting your history, it seems like it just makes another copy of it, but I might be misunderstanding the question.
5. As mentioned in a prior post, I had a difficult time importing the Jing file, until I found the little image up in my tool bar.  Now I simply click on the image and import.



6&7. I can published my image using Screencast.  Screencast also allows you to share your image with others using the assigned url.

iste.nets-t standards addressed

I can see that Jing lends itself nicely to standard 3c because Jing allows a teacher to take visual content and add labels or comments that ensure the communication of relevant information and ideas.  Jing screencast videos can be used to collaborate on lessons or share successful ideas, two circumstances covered by standard 5 which demands professional growth and the use of digital tools and resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment